The acoustic guitar is one of the more difficult instruments to realistically emulate with a sampler. One of the reasons is the lack of quality recordings and the outdated sampling technique used in most sample discs.
This is not one of those discs.
SoundBrewer created a sample disc that uses modern recording techniques, and extensive multi-sampling. The result is what many have said that to be the most realistic sounding acoustic guitar samples they have ever heard.
Everyone struggles while trying to emulate guitar strums with single note samples. It is nearly impossible to make individually recorded strings sound like a strummed guitar. To overcome this, the Acoustic Guitar Creation Kit contains real recordings of Major, Minor, and Major 7th guitar chords. There are separate recordings for up stroke and down stroke, and they are programmed on different keys to be played in a more natural manner. This gives your the ability to create complex, realistic acoustic guitar strums.
The Acoustic Guitar Creation Kit also contains an assortment of regular picked guitars, finger picked guitars, harmonics, and guitar noises (body hits, slides, etc.). Included are:
• 100mb Acoustic Guitar - An extensively multi-sampled guitar with three velocity layers
• 50mb Acoustic Guitar - A lighter version with two velocity Layers
• Lite Acoustic Guitar - A small guitar that uses very little system resources
• Picked Acoustic Guitar Loud -The hard velocity layer from the 100mb Acoustic Guitar
• Picked Acoustic Guitar Normal -The medium velocity layer from the 100mb Acoustic Guitar
• Picked Acoustic Guitar Quiet - The soft velocity layer from the 100mb Acoustic Guitar
• Major Chords - Strummed Major Chords
• Minor Chords - Strummed Minor Chords
• Major 7th Chords - Strummed Major 7th Chords
• Chromatic Bar Chords - Strummed Bar Chords
• Finger Picked Guitar - A finger picked guitar with two velocity layers
• Finger Picked Acoustic Guitar Loud -The hard velocity layer from the Finger Picked Guitar
• Finger Picked Acoustic Guitar Quiet - The soft velocity layer from the Finger Picked Guitar
• 12 String Guitar Simulation - Simulation of a 12 string acoustic guitar
• Harmonics - Acoustic Guitar Harmonics
• Guitar Scrapes - Scrapes on the Acoustic Guitar Strings with a pick
• Guitar Mutes - Strums across fully muted strings
• Guitar Noises - Body Hits, noises, etc.
The Acoustic Guitar Creation Kit is extensively multi-sampled and uses longer recordings before the loops to keep the natural sustain and true character of the guitar. It contains multiple velocity layers to recreate the tonal difference in a loudly and softly played acoustic guitar. It also provides recordings of typical noises found on live recordings. You can add these sounds to eliminate the sterile sound that accompanies most acoustic guitar samples.
The Acoustic Guitar Creation Kit is designed to provide a simple, but great sounding, method to create realistic sounding acoustic guitar parts. It is designed for use with modern software, utilizing the technology and resources that modern software samplers provide.
Click the links below to hear mp3 demos of these sounds. These demo mp3's were created using only samples from the Acoustic Guitar Creation Kit sample collection.